Friday, April 17, 2009

More Letters

We got new letters from Kyle today!

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear from him...but they did make me cry hysterically for a bit. I can't believe how much I miss him. He put in so many little bits of information that would only be really understood by the two of us. Little asides about the home we've planned, messages to give to Pluff. (The stuffed animal he gave me for Valentine's day. We talked to Pluff. He's my baby.) It was so sweet.

It surprised me that he mentioned so much about the future we want together in letters that are to be shared between me and his family. It doesn't bother me...it just surprises me. I guess I didn't realize how serious and how swiftly approaching that future is. I'm glad it's coming though. I'm more than ready for it.

The saddest part was reading that he wishes he'd thought this through more. I don't think it had really hit him what he signed up for. I know he wanted some aspects of a military life, but that doesn't mean he was prepared for all the others. And yet, I have faith. I know he can do this. He's tougher than even he thinks.

Seventeen more weeks until I can see him again. It can't come soon enough. He may not be able to wait to "have me in his arms again," but I really can't wait to be back there.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you to hear from your sweetheart. Those letters are going to become even more special to you as time goes by ... hold them close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.