Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He's Gone

I don't know how I've done it, but I've kept myself together pretty well. I miss him so much it hurts, but life goes on, and eventually it will bring me to the day I see him again. I wrote him his first letter last night. It was so long I had to type it. It ended up being three pages typed in 11 point font. It was humongous.
Well actually, he took his first week's worth of letters with him since he'll have to go a few days without one until he sends us his address information...and then there's the time it will take for my letters to get there...

I'm really glad I thought of sending them. It makes me feel less lonely, knowing that I sent a small part of me away with him.

As if to mimic how broken my days are without him my car broke down last night. I'm back to driving my Grandpa's old blue car I've nicknamed Burt. Burt and I are old friends. I get him on loan every time something goes wrong with my cars. I have bad luck with them.

Anyhow, I'm at work, so I have to return to filing for a bit. Wish me luck today on my second official day as a military girlfriend...

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you Carrie ... and wondering how the farewell went. Great idea about the letters. I am sure he will appreciate them soon enough - if not already. Chin up. You can enjoy each daily fully until he returns and then you can have a wonderful reunion. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh :( ...how do you do it?

    ...I guess that wasn't very uplifting ...but I'll say this, you are braver than I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy. But when it happens to you, you realize that you can either go on and live your life or you can let it pass you by. I didn't know I was this brave until I had to be. I've learned a lot about myself, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.