Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm being optimistic for once.


Photobucket

[A slightly newer photo for the archives.]

So. Today I'm sitting in my dorm, skipping a few classes. I have the worst cold I've had in quite some time...but it could be much much worse. I am, thankfully, caught up on all of my homework and such, so there won't be that problem when I get back into things on Wednesday.

Recapping my New Year's Un-resolutions List I think I've actually managed everything. Thank God losing weight wasn't on that list or I wouldn't be able to say that. I found the job, I changed my major...I have a plan. I'll be starting a savings account as soon as the job takes off. Everything fell right into place. I'm rather impressed.

Yet another happy note: I got to spend a wonderful weekend with the people I care most about. Events were rolling in one after the other, starting with the Friday night high school basketball game, which I only caught the end of. (Because yes, I am lame, and I still go to high school games sometimes.) We lost, but it was a great game anyways. (Overtime. Very dramatic. I thought Raina was going to have a heart attack. =]) Then Saturday Kyle and I went out with mom to celebrate the new job. Sizzling fajitas and a maple butter blondie for dessert made my night. Sunday was lunch and a movie and a bit of shopping with Kyle's amazing mom and sister. Then Sunday night was spent at my grandma's. Busy. But great. Even if I was more than a little sniffly.

I picked up two new books while shopping. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern, and The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan. I've already read the last one. I've been an Amy Tan fan for quite a few years now. This one is my favorite of hers, so it's high up on my recommendation list. I can't wait to get around to reading P.S....but that actually might be a good activity for today since I don't feel like being up and about much...

Tomorrow, hopefully, this cold will be gone and I can get back to being a busy little vegetable. But if not, at least I'll have some books to keep my mind occupied.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute couple you make .. so young and OPTIMISTIC - which in my world, is the only way to be!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.